Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 51

I have to say, spending my 20th birthday in Korea has been amazing. I've never been a really big birthday person, but this time I finally let that go and I had a blast.

It all started on Thursday when we went out for dinner to celebrate for both me and Sophia. We were born on the exact same day, only 16 minutes apart. We're also both Sociology majors. Creepy.

TWINFUN!!!

After dinner, Krissy and Roger leave to get us a cake while the rest of us run back in the cold rain. The cake was cute. It had two polar bears on it, hugging each other. It was delicious too. At first, we both said that we didn't want a cake but I finally gave in just to make them feel happy for getting it for us.

On Friday, I had class all day so I didn't do much during the day. But once 8pm came along, I was getting ready to go to the club again. See, last Thursday's clubbing event was a 2 for 1 deal, so everyone got in for free. It was a pretty expensive place too, in an expensive-looking area of Seoul.

After getting wristbands, we hit up the local Family Mart, downed a bunch of 소주 and 맥주 and were good to go. The club was pretty nice, actually. At first, the DJ only played trance and techno music but finally got around to pop songs. Mostly the Black Eyed Peas, but I think that's because he was their DJ or something. Once again, I had so much energy on the dance floor. I'm surprised I didn't lose my voice either because I was singing along really loud.

We were getting pretty tired and it was almost time for us to leave, but the club never wants me to leave. Just like last Thursday, we were getting ready to go when all of a sudden, I hear Kesha. I grab Krissy and we run back in for her and Lady Gaga. It was the perfect way to end the night.

The next morning, my ears were ringing. I woke up and went to the Charlie Brown Cafe with Krissy. I think it's pretty expensive for a cafe, but I guess it's all about the decorations. There was Charlie Brown everywhere, just like the Hello Kitty Cafe. Afterwards, she bought me food from my favorite food cart in 이대 and we went back to SK.

Good grief, you're too expensive!

After going back, I left again with Frank to go to 한강. I had never been there before, so I was pretty excited to see it.


It was so nice. The water actually looked clean, unlike the other rivers I've seen in Korea. While walking around, I found 5,000 won on the ground and I also noticed there were also tons of bikers around that had the same bike, so I made us go look for them to rent. Frank was really scared because he said that he wasn't good at riding, but I made him anyway. And it was a really nice bike ride along the river for only 3,000 won.

For dinner, we had 삼겹살. At first, I said it was too expensive, but when we ate it, I realized why it cost so much. The meat was so fresh and so delicious. It was one of the best meals I've eaten in Korea so far.

After dinner, we took the subway back to 신촌 and he brought me into Baskin Robbins where Christine and Erin were sitting with a panda ice cream cake. It was sooo cute and I felt bad for destroying it, but it did taste good too.

:(

I could honestly say that my 20th birthday was the best birthday that I've ever had. I can't believe that I spent the entire time in Korea. And knowing that there are people here who care about me means a lot. I <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment